Wednesday, July 31, 2024

La belle vieille ville (Beautiful old city)



Old Quebec from the Plains of Abraham

I had not been to Quebec City before (though D has), so it was high on my list of places to visit on this trip, and it certainly did not disappoint.

Our campground was out of the city, but offered a shuttle service that took us right into the old town. We wandered around, and when our feet got tired, we wandered some more. And then we climbed the 310 stairs from Petit-Champlain to the Plains of Abraham, and continued our wander through the old city wall to the L’hotel du Parlement.

Even though my feet ached, and my legs felt like lead at the end of the day, I loved every minute of it. This may have been my first time visiting Quebec City, but it certainly won’t be my last!

Chateau Frontenac

Random street with beautiful old buildings and flowers

Inside the Cathedral du Notre Dame

Along the Petit-Champlain

The oldest building in the city, built in 1677

L'hotel du Parlement

One of the four gates into Old Quebec

No comments: